This Policy applies as between you, the User of this website and Charlton Park Crematorium the owner and provider of this website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the website and any Services or Systems therein.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the website;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Charlton Park Crematorium when you visit certain parts of this website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your cart. Further details are contained in Clause 10 and Schedules 1, 1A and 2 of this Policy;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the website. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Charlton Park Crematorium” means Pure Cremation Ltd trading as Charlton Park Crematorium, Charlton Down, Andover, SP11 0TA;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Charlton Park Crematorium makes available through the website either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Charlton Park Crematorium makes available through the website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the website and is not employed by Charlton Park Crematorium and acting in the course of their employment; and “website” means the website that you are currently using (www.charltonparkcrematorium.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.charltonparkcrematorium.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 gender;
- 2.4 job title;
- 2.5 profession;
- 2.6 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.7 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.8 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.9 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.10 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.11 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.12 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.13 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
- Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Charlton Park Crematorium for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the website. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to six months.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
- 3.5 we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer’s credit card details with any 3rd parties
- Third Party Websites and Services
Charlton Park Crematorium may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Powell and Charlton Park Crematorium requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 Charlton Park Crematorium may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- Controlling Access to your Data
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the website you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
- Accessing your own Data
- 8.1You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- 9.1 Data security is of great importance to Charlton Park Crematorium and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- 10.2 Certain features of the website depend upon Cookies to function and are deemed, within the law, to be strictly necessary. You will not be asked for your consent to place these Cookies however you may still disable cookies via your web browser’s settings, as set out in sub-Clause 10.4.
- 10.3 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
- 10.4 You may delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- 10.5 The Web Site also uses third-party Cookies. These Cookies are not integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you and may be blocked at your choosing via your internet browser’s privacy settings.
- 10.6 It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.
- Changes to this Policy